Sunday, April 01, 2007

An April Fool is better then an Idiot in general.

The title of this post has nothing to do with anything specific. I just couldn't come up with an idea for a general direction for the content of this post, and thus no appropriate title, which kind of makes the title appropriate.

So.. it's another Sunday and it has been a while since my last update. I've been extremely busy the past few weeks with work and family and have gotten small amounts done on T3D. It's been hard for me to be motivated the few hours I have each day to do anything other then relax, but some days I have managed to push myself to get things done. This weekend has been the first weekend I've had free to work on things for almost a month, unfortunately today has been the only day that I've actually sat down to accomplish anything. At least there is today though.

So, I've finished up the animation class and sprite classes today as well as went back and fixed a few things in a few locations that needed to be cleaned up. I am hoping to get started on an external editor today for levels as well as completing some additional classes for the editor itself. These include a generic mouse event handler, a generic game state manager (ie.. menu's, levels, credits, ect..), and possibly a few other things that need to be done. Actual production of the game Demo should start by the end of this week if all things go well. I am essentially awaiting the arrival of a design doc and other resources for the demo, which is supposed to be completed by mid June, and if not started soon I have a feeling that deadline won't be met.

I really wish I had more time to work on the engine and the upcoming game, but that just doesn't seem like it's something that going to change for a long time. So I'm really going to have focus on time management again.

I am going to have to write another demo to test the sprite class out sometime this week, and when that's completed I'll upload a video of it. Until then, remember that the challenge isn't knowing what you think you want, but challenging what you want to think. That even though you may feel that you're doing all that you can, that there is usually a part that feels you can do all that you feel.

No comments: