Thursday, February 07, 2008

AAAAAAAAH!

So, I found the error that was causing the release build to throw an exception. It was an instance of a class that was created for testing and referenced in a small local part of the code and for some reason alt tab-ing out of the app was causing some sort of corruption, so I got rid of it. Now something else weird is happening. Frame rates are dropping drastically in areas that contain hit test for mouse detection. I've never had problems with this before, and it only happens if I load the Barricade prototype first. If I load another of the demo's that are accessible in the engine, even those that use hit testing, it doesn't produce the same result. I spent a long time looking over the code. I even compared it to previous versions but couldn't find anything. I'll find out what it is or go blind trying.

This weekend is kind of crunch time, but I've got my son this weekend, so I probably won't get that much done code wise. Which means I need to concentrate a lot tomorrow and Sunday night and Monday night. The manager at the place I was supposed to start working this week also hasn't returned any of my calls. It's got me a little worried, but I suppose as Bob Marley says, "Lord I've got keep on moving, Lord I've got get on Down!" so I'll just keep my spirits high and hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I really want to start working though, but I guess I just have to things as they come, is all anyone can do.

No comments: